DMS is committed to providing its employees with the resources, organizational support, and professional opportunities necessary to realize their highest potential. This commitment, along with the hard work and dedication of highly capable and committed employees, has been the hallmark of the company’s success. DMS seeks employees who will accept challenges as opportunities and work to maintain the standard of excellence our clients expect.
DMS seeks individuals who excel at critical thinking, working collaboratively, communicating professionally, and attending to detail. DMS offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, opportunities for advancement, and an environment that embraces diversity.
DMS has career opportunities in the following professions:
- Disability Insurance Claims
- Information Technology
- Insurance Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
- Client Services
- Administrative Resources
- Human Resources
DMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Current Career Opportunities:
Software Developer (Springfield):
We are seeking a full-time Software Developer to join our Springfield, MA office. This position directly contributes to the development and maintenance of applications to support our business needs. Responsibilities include participating in the evaluation of business requirements; preparing application system specifications; developing, testing, and implementing application solutions; performing maintenance and support tasks on existing systems, and writing technical documentation in support of assigned projects.
The ideal candidate will be an avid learner and will have the ability to work with limited supervision as well as within a team.
Required Qualifications/Position Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Five years plus software development; familiarity in developing object-oriented systems using Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Basic.Net, Visual Studio, and SQL Server
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing
• Excellent problem-solving skills are required
• Insurance Industry experience is preferred
Client Services Representative – Policy Change (Syracuse):
DMS is seeking a candidate to efficiently process client requests and administrative tasks for new and in-force business. Responsibilities include: providing excellent customer service to our policyholders and producers;
- Qualifications include excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills. Bachelor’s Degree and 1-year office experience or an Associate’s Degree and 3-5 years office experience. Related insurance and/or accounting experience preferred.
Client Services Representative – New Business, Hybrid (Syracuse):
DMS is seeking a candidate to efficiently process client requests and administrative tasks for new and in-force business. Responsibilities include: providing excellent customer service to our policyholders and producers; processing new business applications, which may require underwriter intervention; gathering requirements from various sources, including vendor sites, agency, and client home office for use in assessing application risk; creating and preparing policies for mailing and delivery to insured; providing support to internal customers and departments. Works closely with underwriters, home office, and agents.
- Qualifications include excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills. Bachelor’s Degree and 1-year office experience or an Associate’s Degree and 3-5 years office experience. Related insurance experience preferred.
Claim Consultant (Springfield):
The Claim Consultant is responsible for investigating, adjudicating, administering, and managing a caseload of new and ongoing disability insurance claims on behalf of client insurance companies in accordance with DMS practices, contractual provisions, and statutory requirements. The degree of autonomy with which a Claim Consultant is expected to function generally increases with experience. The degree of complexity of casework assigned to a Claim Consultant is expected to correlate directly to the Claim Consultant’s degree of expertise.
- Qualifications include excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years managing individual disability, LTD, or workers comp claims experience required.
- Candidate must be tech-savvy, have strong attention to detail, and have demonstrated strength in communication.
Claim Representative (Springfield):
Responsibilities include thorough investigation, adjudication, and management of either group or individual disability income claims.
Successful candidates will be able to work individually and as a team player, must be detail-oriented, and be able to maintain professionalism and courtesy in a fast-paced environment. This position requires excellent organizational skills, a cooperative, professional attitude, and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Experience managing disability claims or other relevant insurance experience is a plus. An individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical skill, ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions,
- Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, respond well to questions.
- Written Communication – Write clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Must be able to make effective use of technology to navigate systems and platforms simultaneously to accurately assess information.
Operations Specialist (Syracuse):
This position includes operational support duties such as processing and scanning incoming and outgoing mail; maintaining a file storage system; assisting with in-house moves; assisting with the requisition and management of office supplies; photocopying and ensuring copiers are fully operational. This role also includes customer service responsibilities such as taking incoming calls and providing backup coverage to other Operations Specialists.
The ideal candidate will be an avid learner and will have the ability to work with limited
supervision as well as within a team.
High school degree required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years of operations or administrative office experience.
• Qualified candidates must demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication,
customer service, computer, and organizational skills, as well as proficiency in math and
• Must also have the ability to multi-task, work independently, take direction and
• maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Insurance industry experience and familiarity with medical terminology is preferred.
Thank you for your interest in a career with DMS. Current job opportunities are updated on our website as they become available.
Please check back soon.
Application submission requirements:
If you are interested in a future position, please email your resume and cover letter to: